Saturday, March 8, 2008

With You in Lent


Dearest Lord,

I pray that for the remainder of this Lenten Season
You will allow me to know more intimately
What thoughts and feelings you experienced
As You carried Your cross on the road to Calvary

If it means spending more time alone with You
Then may I purposely prioritize more time with You in prayer
If it means being highly attuned to your presence around me
Then my I listen with great care as You speak through others

If You want me to venture outside of my comfort zone
May I wholeheartedly and courageously do so for You
If it somehow means experiencing pain or suffering
As long as it is for You, then without a doubt it will still be worth it

May I be like Simon of Cyrene
Assisting You as You carry Your cross
Letting You know that You are not alone
And hopefully lightening Your heavy burden even just a bit

Bless this desire to be one with You in thoughts and feelings
Purify it so that it goes beyond being just mere words
Transform it into a more committed and purer love for You
That can somehow provide You comfort along Your way to Calvary

Thank you, dearest Lord.

+


No comments: