Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Place for You


In the gospel last Friday (and then again on Sunday) our Lord said: "Do not let your hearts be troubled; trust in God and trust in me. In my Father's house there are many rooms. Otherwise I would not have told you that I go to prepare a place for you. After I have gone and prepared a place for you, I will come back again and take you to me, so that where I am, you also may be..." (John 14:1-3)

"Trust in me... I go to prepare a place for you... I will come back again and take you to me... where I am, you may also be..."

How could the creator of everything in this whole wide universe also be so personal in the way He communicates to us? Here is the Lord of all, giving the "speck of dust" in His hand so much importance and reassurance. Only Infinite Love can be that way!

Dear Lord, the fullness of your words still escapes my comprehension.


No comments: