Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Like the Rays of the Sun



One of my favorite books is entitled, "Miracles Do Happen", written by Sr. Briege McKenna. (You can look up the customer review from years ago in Amazon Books.)

At that time, I had just finished reading the book and was impressed in particular by how she described the power of the Blessed Sacrament. She likened our sitting in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament to sunbathing! When you sunbathe, you just sit or lie still and not try to do anything in particular. But after sometime, you realize that your skin actually absorbs the sunlight and acquires a sunburn color.

When we sit in adoration, our presence is all Jesus wants. We don't have to say or do anything other than sit in His presence. Then we leave the chapel. But quite amazingly, afterwards, you will realize that something else has actually taken place. Like sunburn, we are not exactly the same as before we started sitting in His presence. The change can be so subtle or so gentle... but it will be there.

I have experienced this time and again. So much has unfolded in my life that I can with all surety call as grace. And I just know that these are fruits of the time spent in adoration, before the Beloved Blessed Sacrament.

It's been eight years that I have discovered this powerful Presence. And the desire to regularly visit continues. I try to drop by at least once a week. My Friday afternoon is blocked off for this regular "date" with the Lord. It's a great way to end a busy week - basking under the warm rays of the sun...

May you too experience the warmth and reassuring Presence of our Lord, whether in front of the Blessed Sacrament, or in the quiet sanctuary of your room while in prayerful adoration.

God bless you :=)


No comments: