Friday, October 26, 2007

Special Moment


My children are much taller and bigger than me now. But forever I carry within my memory the tender, peaceful feeling that would always be there years ago when during their infant days, I would bend over to bring my face very near them as they slept, to see them up close, and to hear their very soft breathing... or if it could not be heard, to just watch their chest go up and down in rhythmic movement. Then to look at their curled up little fingers and try inserting my little finger in theirs, as a way of holding their hand, or letting them hold mine, while they slept.

For those of you who still take care of infants, I pray that you enjoy these moments to the max. May every rise and fall of their breath as they sleep tug your maternal heart. Only a God such as ours can author these special, tender moments.

Happy mothering!


No comments: